Saturday, September 20, 2008

Help The Local Economy

I have been doing some work on the house lately. Well, not really me. I don't do that stuff. I hire people to do it. My contribution to the local economy.

I had the kitchen painted to check out the new painter. Kitchen painting is a whole 'nother story, but the painter worked out great. So I had him paint the outside of the house. Came out pretty good. This week new front windows went it. In a couple of weeks, a new patio door will be installed.

The order of the work -- not so good. Should have done the windows and patio door before painting the house. Now the painter will have to come out here again and touch up the paint. More help for the local economy.

Also, the new windows seem to have disturbed some local residents in my front wall - termites. Now I guess it is better to know they are there than to not know, however...

The first guy out said that I have to tent the house. That's the only way to be sure that you get rid of all the termites. The thought of putting the house in a bubble filled with poison gas does not appeal to me. Let alone the idea of having to stay away for three days.

Monday, an orange oil guy is coming out. I will see what he has to say. At least I don't have to move out and I get to smell oranges for a while.

Oh well, more help for the local economy!

1 comment:

  1. I suppose if you look at it that way.... the local economy does benefit from all the housing issues that need repairing :-)

    Bright way to look at it.... all though I know i always just get pissy and then pout at all the work I need done... :-)

    ReplyDelete