A recent study has shed some interesting light on who is checking out the Porn. Now, I have nothing against porn and, in fact, have enjoyed a bit of it myself from time to time.
What is interesting about this study is that it shows that the biggest users of porn live in Utah. Yep! The Mormons! The anti-sex, anti_gay Mormons.
It doesn't end there. More interesting results:
- Eight of the top 10 pornography consuming states gave their electoral votes to John McCain in last year's presidential election
- Six out of the lowest 10 favoured Barack Obama
- Residents of 27 states that passed laws banning gay marriages boasted 11% more porn subscribers than states that don't explicitly restrict gay marriage
- States where a majority of residents agreed with the statement "I have old-fashioned values about family and marriage," bought 3.6 more subscriptions per thousand people than states where a majority disagreed
- A similar difference emerged for the statement "AIDS might be God's punishment for immoral sexual behaviour
Those that protest the most about something, may be the ones most involved it.