Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quote of the Press Conference


Whether it is true or not, this is the quote of Obama's press conference last night. Read or listen to the whole thing here.

QUESTION: But on AIG, why did you wait -- why did you wait days to come out and express that outrage? It seems like the action is coming out of New York and the attorney general's office. It took you days to come public with Secretary Geithner and say, "Look, we're outraged." Why did it take so long?

OBAMA: It took us a couple of days because I like to know what I'm talking about before I speak.

Too bad more politicians don't follow that thought.

2 comments:

  1. Some have argued he was too busy filling out his bracket and talking with Jay to have noticed. I think it's partly that and partly because he wants his facts first. Still too early to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in suspended judgment. He hasn't shown to be any different than any other politician since Hoover.

    I am not either Republican or Democrat -- I vote on the issue not party line.

    So I am just waiting. And trying to do my part.

    ReplyDelete