Friday, December 18, 2009

McCain Is Having Another "Senior Moment"


Many of you have already seen the video of Al Franken telling LIEberman that he has used up is 10 minutes of speaking time. If not, you can view it here. Then McCain gets up and says that in all his years in the Senate, he has never seen "a member denied an extra minute or two to finish his remarks."

Well, Senator McCain is having a little memory problem. As reported by Think Progress, "
McCain has engaged in the very same behavior that he was criticizing Franken for yesterday."

Here is the exchange:

The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator’s time has expired.

Mr. DAYTON. I ask for unanimous consent that I have 30 seconds more to finish my remarks.

Mr. McCAIN. I object.

McCain was eventually overruled, but he was trying to stop Mr. Dayton from speaking by refusing to give him an addition 30 seconds.

Selective memory -- isn't it a great thing.

7 comments:

  1. I honor Senator McCain for his service. He is a patriot and fine American.


    He is also a shithead.



    I hope one day e can just call him a shithead without all the platitudes to save time and bytes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. McCain is a finger-waggin loser... That's why he engages in selective memory tricks, it's all that's left in his bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry,

    Really funny pic.

    I hope I don't offend anyone too much, but I for one do not honor McCain.He was a war criminal who bombed civilians.

    He suffered horrible injuries,true.He claims it was torture which resulted in him giving up information.Others say his injuries were the result of the crash landing and he gave the info up in order to receive medical attention.

    Some of the other POW's called McCain the Songbird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't do as I do, say as I say.

    Or, don't say as I say, do as I do.

    double speak, mcinsane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen,
    McInsane - I like that.

    Oso,
    I happen to agree with you. I don't think he is a hero either. He was not a very good pilot having crashed/lost 2 or 3 planes. He graduated very near the bottom of his class. Getting shot down does not make you a hero. It just means you FAILED your mission.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerry,
    Thanks.Plus he apparently isn't much of a husband either,dumping his first wife after she got messed up in a car accident.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oso, that's the very same wife who patiently waited for his return from the war, btw.

    It was a known "secret" that McCain was a womanizer back in the day.

    I too do not have much respect for his war "heroism."

    ReplyDelete