Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bombs Away

In Southern California, New Years and the Rose Bowl are synonymous. The media hype begins right after Christmas and continues through January 1st. This evening there was a news item about two B-2 Stealth Bombers arriving in the area. One will fly over the Rose Parade and the other will fly over the Rose Bowl game.

The B-2 Bombers are very impressive planes. They look like something out of Star Wars. They cost a bundle of money and can create a whole lot of destruction.

My question is "What the hell are we doing starting off a parade and a football game with flyovers of Weapons of Mass Destruction? What kind of message is that sending? I am probably going to piss off a lot of people, but I think it is criminally irresponsible to begin festive events with a display of military power. The B-2 Stealth Bomber is an extremely effective and destructive weapon of war. It has no place in a parade or a football game.

And people are going to cheer. Shame on them!

5 comments:

  1. I feel the same way when a soldier dye and they do that thing with the guns to honor him/her... they shoot rifles in the air.. repeatedly.

    What DIE BY THE GUN LIVE BY THE GUN???

    I don't know .. just seems so Ignorant (ignorant does not mean dumb-I think some people are more cerebral and others are more primitive).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean die not dye... I overslept.. my muscles are hurting from ice skating... lol. I had stiffen them so much out of fear of falling..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya, it does seem a little... unfitting?

    You should probably write an angry letter.

    Happy New Year, Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms Hen, Yeah, I don't get the whole 21-gun salute thing.

    LiLu, Sometimes an angry letter works, but I don't think this is one of them. Too many people see the fly over as a big deal and get really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awеsomе! Its genuinеly awesome ρiece of
    writing, I have got much clеar iԁea аbout from thiѕ ρіece of
    writing.

    Feеl fгee to vіѕіt my webѕite used bucket trucks for sale
    Feel free to visit my web site :: bucket trucks

    ReplyDelete