Saturday, October 11, 2008

Why I Work For Myself

Now I know why I work for myself.

I sweated for 30 years working for large corporations. I did well, established a reputation with their major clients, and then I quit and went into consulting -- for these major clients. I've had a lot of help along the way and hopefully all those involved feel that it was a fair exchange.

Yesterday, my wife wanted to go to a craft show. It is a fair way from our house and she does not like driving that far alone. So, I packed up the laptop and a couple of folder of papers and said "let's go".

She enjoyed herself at the show and I sat outside in the shade of a large tree working -- also enjoying myself. It was 75F outside with a light breeze. The sun was out and the sky was mostly blue. My ipod was plugged into my ears.

People walked by and nodded. One guy said "Now that's the way to work".

I agree!

1 comment:

  1. Thats what it's all about, the flexibility to get things done in an environment not filled with stress.

    ReplyDelete