Sunday, February 22, 2009

Updates

I haven't felt very "bloggy" lately. I don't think it is the lack of things happening, I guess I just needed a little break. Of course we don't have Bush to kick around anymore so politics is not as interesting. The republicans are doing their best to fill in for the lack of "Bush". Do they really think that doing nothing is better than doing something? They just keep making the same suggestions that got us into this mess in the first place.

Oh yeah, updates.

My teeth are doing well. Actually, not the teeth. They were pulled out. The holes -- what's left after you pull out the teeth. That's not quite right either. The dentist plugged up the holes with dead people bone. Anyway. The drugs did their job. No pain. The stitches have come out and everything feels fine. I just have to wait a few weeks until it is time to remove the membranes covering the dead people bone.

The smashed up puppy is well on the road to recovery. She is able to run around as long as she does not jump up on things or play to rough. She can go on short walks (15 minutes). Everything should be healed completely in about another 3 weeks. Then she will be able to run, jump, and play just like before her accident.

My 9 year old granddaughter goes for her final fitting of her back brace next week. It will take about another week for them to make the final changes and then she gets to wear it for the next 5 years. It's not quite that bad, but almost. She is suppose to wear it at least 20 hours a day. She can take it off to bath, play soccer, etc. But as the doctor says, she is growing 24 hours a day so the longer the brace is on, the better it is for her.

Today is Oscar day. It seems like people either love the Oscars or hate them. I am more in the hate category. My wife is in the love category. Thank goodness we have more TVs in the house than we do people. And she does not know how to operate the 60-inch HDTV, so I am going to go now and watch the Lakers and have a beer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your grand daughter will still be allowed to play soccer.. (hugs to her).(this must be hard for her and all of you and I hope it strengthen her physically).

    Glad the pup is doing better. :)

    Glad you are not in pain...............

    Thanks for the UPDATE... :)

    I like the word you made up 'bloggy' hee-hee.. cute.

    dead people bones.. yikes..

    I did not watch the Oscars.. (big yawn)... they are way overpaid and to me it is just a job.. to perform.. nothing to get this excited over....

    People in entertainment are too excessive dressed and paid... and I don't understand the fascination...

    ReplyDelete